"It just sucks the life force out of you, and you don't even know
why."
"I started keeping a journal because it keeps me busy when the booth is slow and it helps me channel my anxiety," said Kelly Sopp, who will exhibit at half a dozen children's apparel and gift shows this year to promote her Wry Baby clothing line. Typical of her journal notes: "Everybody hates my product."
For exhibitors, commentary overheard from the aisles can require thick skin - and a check on the urge to respond. "One woman walked by and she just rolled her eyes and said, 'Now who would put that on her child?' " Ms. Sopp recalled. "I wanted to yell back, '20,000 people so far,' but you just can't do that.''
Tuesday, August 03, 2004
Surviving the Slog of Trade Shows
The New York Times has an amusing filler piece today about working at trade shows. The picture is hysterical -- boy can I relate! Some of the quotes are great:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment